LSQUARED: MACQUARIE HARBOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions

3 posters

Go down

Questions  Empty Questions

Post by dnashobviously Sun 8 Jan - 12:03:57

Hey Guys, Congratulations!

Kachina:

I was very loyal to you throughout the game. Why did you feel it was necessary to get rid of me when you did, and not message me back? I valued you as my number one ally, but you seemed to just use me throughout the game. Also, do you think you should be crowned the winner when it's been speculated you recruited allies for the game during casting?

Dayman:

You have a lot of Cohen's on the jury who aren't happy with you. Do you believe it's justified? The jury thought you had a pregame alliance with Kachina since Kachina approached people to play the game and created pregame alliances, but we were shocked that apparently that isn't the case so you left most of the jury scratching their heads thinking you backstabbed uneccesarily to get where you are.

Both:

Also, I'd like you all to compare the jurors to Survivor players so I can see what type of game you think each of us played.

Thank you and good luck
dnashobviously
dnashobviously

Back to top Go down

Questions  Empty Re: Questions

Post by DAYMAN Sun 8 Jan - 13:38:32

Dayman:

You have a lot of Cohen's on the jury who aren't happy with you. Do you believe it's justified? The jury thought you had a pregame alliance with Kachina since Kachina approached people to play the game and created pregame alliances, but we were shocked that apparently that isn't the case so you left most of the jury scratching their heads thinking you backstabbed uneccesarily to get where you are.

I believe any angry feelings are somewhat justified from their perspectives. They all thought I should just be loyal and go to the end with Cohen and that was that. But now that all the details are being revealed in my responses, hopefully people can see the reasons behind my actions. It was definitely in my best interest to make the moves I made, since I am sitting here because of those decisions. I do not believe to this moment that I would have been guaranteed F2 by knocking out the Bradys and only playing with the Cohens. All the evidence conflicts with that.

- Milli/Ryan were together, not with me
- Spooky/you were together, Spooky says he was with me but really could I have gotten his loyalty over you in the end, I have my doubts about that
- Minty was a lunatic, so she had to go
- Kachina would have taken me to F2
- Shelby kept me in at F3

I really am at a loss on what choice I made that was unjustified or unnecessary, knowing the dynamics of the game like I did.

If anyone is basing their decision on me having pre-game alliances, that is completely false. I have no idea about Kachina, I will let him speak for himself. I joined the game having no clue who was in it. I recognized Spooky and dnash since they played themselves. I didn't know who anyone was until I met up with Kachina at F8 and he started telling me all the people he knew, like Shy and Shelby. I didn't even know who he was at that point because I am terrible at guessing and always have been. He admits he knew who I was right away based on my game play or word usage or whatever, but I had no clue I was that obvious to anybody. I love keeping my identity a secret from everyone at all times.

Both:

Also, I'd like you all to compare the jurors to Survivor players so I can see what type of game you think each of us played.

Thank you and good luck

I'll use more recent ones who finished in your position that you each finished, to narrow it down, since there are so many darn Survivor players from over the years.

Aaron: Fishbach from Cambodia. I am Jeremy in that he was a good ally but everyone wanted him out but me and I had to let him go.

Spooky: Tyson from Tocantins. Connection with everyone. Nice personality and humor. If you didn't leave at that time, probably would have won, like he did when he returned a second time.

Ryan: Danielle DiLorenzo from HVV. Loyal player who is pretty upset about being betrayed by someone in his alliance and thinks I'm Hantz or Coach for some reason, when really there are tons of details he is ignoring.

dnash: Brenda Lowe from Caramoan. Threat to win. Amazing social game and charm, but a sneakiness that people watched out for.

Milli: Colby from HVV. Probably the whole jury was rooting for you as the last of the good guys. Good at challenges and social game. Triple threat. But you are also the Jay to my Adam like you said, in a way.

Shy Guy: Spencer from Cagayan. Described as erratic by your closest allies, seem to be all over the place but clearly knew what you were doing. Made sarcastic comments about bad luck all the time.

Shelby: Erinn Lobdell from Tocantins. Very loyal, but stealthily observant and smart. Ended up with two titans in the F3 who wanted to battle each other in a blood bath instead of a polite debate.

DAYMAN
DAYMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kachina Sun 8 Jan - 17:38:34

I was very loyal to you throughout the game. Why did you feel it was necessary to get rid of me when you did, and not message me back? I valued you as my number one ally, but you seemed to just use me throughout the game. Also, do you think you should be crowned the winner when it's been speculated you recruited allies for the game during casting?

You were loyal to me, sure - the fact that information between us didn't really leak showed me that, and thank you. Honestly, you were a big part of me getting this far, and thanks for that. But you were also probably who I was most referring to in my opening statement when I said our strategies weren't really compatible. You had no intention of joining original Brady - as I mentioned in another answer, Dayman showed me the conversation where you said getting rid of Shy Guy would force me to work closer with you guys. And it's why I was truly never targeting you, until you were voted out. And even then, I really didn't want to vote for you... I was pushing to put the target on Milli (or, I think to tie it, 2-2-2, to buy me more time to argue why Milli should go instead).

When I started talking to you, I really did want you to be final 4 (we played another game where you flipped on me a lot, so that's what I was anticipating - but I did hope it would be different and we could really work together... that was sincere). From there, we'd all see what happened. Dayman entered the 4 and is now in the final 2, and we made a final 2 deal... so when I say the possibilities were open, it's pretty legit. But seeing you were also close with Spooky, Dayman at some point, etc... while you were trying to vote out the people I was close to - even if I trusted you weren't working against me specifically, it still would've put me in a horrible position. I would have flipped on my whole alliance at the beginning of the merge, and I'd be amongst people who were closer to you and each other going through the game. That's likely suicide, or at least a bizarro Russian Roulette with only 1 empty chamber.

I didn't message you back because I didn't want you to be voted out. I didn't want to outright lie to you about it, but with all the idols flying around, I didn't want to tell you, either. I was a wuss and didn't know what to do about that situation. What happened to you is what I feared would happen to me if I went along your alliance plans and was left more or less on my own. I wish I had a more clever answer that, but... that's the truth. I did originally want you to be with Brady, though - and like I helped keep Dayman safe despite Shy Guy targeting him, I would've gone the same for you if those first couple votes went differently.

The only person I "recruited" was Shy Guy. I was actually responding to a post of his from not long before, telling him about the game. I even left it open - it was his call whether or not he wanted to tell me who he is in the game. If he wanted to join but play separate games and see if we join up or end up at odds with each other, that was cool, too. Adam has been very clear that this isn't a mystery game. It's a game with a mystery option. You played as yourself - had you not, your game would've been very different, for better or worse. I played under a pseudonym, so Shy Guy was the only person who would *know* who I am. I even made a conscious effort of changing my writing style for the first half of the game, to make it more difficult for people to guess - even when I sometimes wanted people to guess. I came into this game knowing 1 person, but initially played the game trying to make sure that was the only person who knew my identity. You may not have known anyone who would be in this game, but you let everyone know once you were here. I think both are fair, since this isn't strictly a mystery game. It's just another level of strategy, using your very identity as a gambit that could pay off or could ruin your game. We both did it, in different ways.

Real identities became a big part of this game, and that wasn't my doing. You and Spooky played as yourselves, which is a valid strategy and one I considered. You shared information about Shy Guy's identity. With all of the identities getting out, that became yet another level to this game, and I played into it. I'll also note that Shy Guy and I only played one game together before this, and we sucked/got eliminated fast. I had no idea what to expect of him throughout this game. Just like you used your real identity which affected the game (which can be mystery, but doesn't have to be), I knew someone's identity right off the bat. But I had no guarantees he wouldn't out me and spoil my mystery element. It could've been an advantage, or it could've been a risk. But again, Adam made it very clear that this isn't a mystery game. I made a calculated decision to balance that, as did you, as did Spooky - just in different ways. You and Spooky likely even found each other through that. In any game on IMDb, everyone knows who everyone is and outside relationships play into that all the time. I've even been recruited for games by people in this very game. So while I don't think that's any reason to declare me the winner, I don't think it's reason to not declare me the winner. Again, this isn't a mystery game - you playing as yourself shows that. I did keep up the mystery element as best I could, barring Shy Guy, until I started to see that identities were flying around all over the place.

Regarding Dayman's comment, he actually speculated about Milli's identity and told me his guess. I also didn't tell him Shelby's identity - I hinted that I think they've worked together before, and he responded in a way suggesting he already knew. After that we both openly discussed identities, and our impressions of what to expect of each player based on their identity. That became a new level of the game, for better or worse, with you and Spooky playing as yourselves and Shy Guy telling Spooky his identity, which got around to you. That opened Pandora's Box, and it became a matter of keeping up with it - or, keeping ahead of it. But I didn't tell him Shelby's identity until after he confirmed he already knew.

I don't have quite the encyclopedic knowledge of Survivor players that others do, I'll have to look at a list to jog my memory - but I will respond to that tonight. Just give me a little time.
Kachina
Kachina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kachina Mon 9 Jan - 9:21:20

The list has arrived!

Aaron: This is hard, because I think Aaron's gameplay was probably down to just being busy/life. Started off very strong, though, and was someone I wanted to work with. So I'll say Aaron is Jeff Varner, and I assume life was his proverbial peanut butter.

Spooky: Tyson Apostol. I'll concur there.

Ryan: Julie Berry/Erik Reichenbach. Respectable intentions, but got outplayed hard, by everyone.

dnash: Todd Herzog/Rob Cesternino combo. Brilliant manipulation, great at positioning the right people around him, always having safety nets to jump to, and balancing different strategies to accomplish that.

Milli: El Rowland (Survivor Australia). Willing to make moves against people while staving off moves from those same people. Could come across as cold and threatening, but also charismatic and generally trusted and liked.

Shy Guy: Michaela Bradshaw. Abrasive but respected. Fiercly loyal and admirable gameplay, but a little out of the loop.

Shelby: Danni Boatwright. I feel like this is kind of self-explanatory.
Kachina
Kachina

Back to top Go down

Post by dnashobviously Mon 9 Jan - 22:50:50

Kachina, why should I vote you when you are saying things like you just said in Shelby's area? Laughing I was very 50/50 going into this but that statement was pretty annoying because I don't feel as if I was rude to you at all in the jury phase nor made any statements that would cause anyone to infer I was voting Dayman over you...

dnashobviously
dnashobviously

Back to top Go down

Post by Kachina Tue 10 Jan - 2:11:53

Oh, sorry about that. What I said in Shelby's area was completely a joke - I just copied and pasted exactly what Dayman wrote, but swapped Ryan's name with yours, because you were probably the most unhappy with me (for good reason). She eased Dayman's mind that she was still considering voting for him, so I was teasing about that... It wasn't meant against anyone at all, 100% a joke/banter.

You weren't rude to me or being unreasonable (truly - you had criticisms/things you wanted cleared up about Dayman's game too, and you gave us both a chance to explain ourselves, which is what this stage of the game is about, so thank you). I'm glad I got to explain, for obvious reasons. I just had to use a name other than Ryan's to invert Dayman's message, for the sake of the joke, and your comments to me were the most critical so I used you - again, critical for fair reason, and that's part of the game/determining the winner. Definitely wasn't meant against you in the slightest. Sorry, in my robot-ways I can be deadpan and I say things as jokes that don't come across that way/how I intend them.
Kachina
Kachina

Back to top Go down

Post by dnashobviously Tue 10 Jan - 15:12:58

It's okay, I was just like uhhhhh I can tell Dayman doesn't feel he is going to get Ryan's vote but I don't think I did anything to make it seem as if you couldn't win my vote. Laughing
dnashobviously
dnashobviously

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down